Disk not found X876 | Geekworm

Disk not found X876

• Hi all,

I've got a X876 all built and setup with enclosure and fan and everything seems ok. The system boots, fan turns and usb JMicro thing is recognised. I cannot get the disk to be recognised in GParted or elsewhere.

When I place the M.2 into a caddy and connect to windows it's immediately recognised. I've tried the following:

- DIsk is formatted - no change

- Use cable instead usb "kludge" - no change.

- Use different/better power supplies - no change.

- Use different OS such as Ubuntu - no change.

Can anyone shed some light on what I could try/do?

cheers!

• Try to check that the USB cable is securely plugged into both the X876 and your computer. Try using a different USB cable or port to see if that helps.

https://geekworm.com/community/forum/topic/87525/disk-not-found-x876basket random

• Hi @Peter Shewood 

1. Please help provide the screenshot of run the lsusb and lsblk command via email.
    2. Can it work if it is connected to the USB2.0 port of the Raspberry Pi motherboard with a random USB data cable?

3. Provide the SSD model you use, thanks!

4. If X876 is connected to WINDOWS PC through a random data cable, can it be read normally? Does the SSD available at DISK MANAGMENT?

5. It may be related to insufficient power supply, please help provide the data of power supply you use, thanks!

best regards,

Cindy/Geekworm

• The state of hardware is maintained by the Basic Input Output System (BIOS), a piece of firmware. If the BIOS drift boss doesn't see the hard disks, they're probably not working. As a result, you should check the BIOS to see if the hard drives are recognized, and then enable them if they aren't.