X708 Shutdown/Poweroff script to 1 second not 8. | Geekworm

X708 Shutdown/Poweroff script to 1 second not 8.

• I have the X708 board and I want to modify the shutdown script.

What I would like to do is do a full power off with 1 press of the external switch instead of pressing it for 8 seconds. Anyone know how to do this?

• @Aiden Ralph 

Hi,

It's hard for me to understand why you have this need;

For a UPS or power expansion board, we need to consider the accidental factor of touching the switch manually. If the time is set to be very short (such as 1 second), a mistaken touch will cause shutdown, which is quite unreasonable.

In addition, X708 Wiki describes how to boot, restart, force boot , etc operation. It is recommended that you check whether the script installation is normal

Regards,

Harry/ Geekworm

• Several button operations:

• Press the button to turn on
    • Press the button and hold for 1~2seconds to reboot
    • Press the button and hold for 3~7seconds to implement safe shutdown
    • Press the button and hold for >8seconds to force shutdown

• @Harry Huang Hi Harry, I need it to be a simple on off switch for non-techincal people to use. They wont be expected to understand 3 different options. Also the force shutdown option is better because that's the only option that seems to fully power the pi off. The safe shutdown option puts into a standby mode, and doesn't fully turn the pi off. Which is a problem because this device is battery operated and needs to be fully off where possible.