X885 RAID 0/1 | Geekworm

X885 RAID 0/1

• Hello, I recently bought a X885 and I am trying to use 2 drives in RAID 0.

The product description and the wiki (https://geekworm.com/products/x885) both mention that the board has a RAID controller that allows RAID configuration by setting jumper pins on the board.

As it says on the wiki (and on the board itself) if I short both A and B pins I should have a RAID 0

The problem is that I already shorted both pins but the OS is still reading them as independant disks.

Please note that I DO NOT wish to have the RAID array being managed by the OS. I bought this board because I wanted a hardware managed RAID array. This means that by setting RAID 0/1 on the board, the OS should only see it as a single drive.

I'm using Raspbian (lite) Bullseye (v11) with 2 Western Digital Green (1TB) drives, so by setting RAID 0 I should be able to see just one 2TB drive, and if I would set RAID 1 I should be able to see one 1TB drive (imaged/cloned). The thing is no matter how I set/short the pins, the OS always shows two 1TB drives.

What am I doing wrong and how do I configure these 2 drives so that the OS only sees one 2TB disk?

Is anyone able to help me?

Thank you

• Hello,

Please backup your data before setup and switch, otherwise you maybe lost your data.
    1. Inert HDDs to X885 shield and fix it.
    2. Please connect the X885 to your PC or Raspberry Pi board and keep power on.
    3.  RAID0
    ①Simultaneously short A and B,  
    ②Press the SET button for about 5 seconds, and release it till the blue LED indicators starts flashing.
    ③After RAID mode changed, please confirm that the PC can recognize the disk(s) properly and shows the right capacity.

please refer to wiki : Raid Setting

Best regards

Lisa

• Sometimes, I also get this problem.