x728 software / hardware installation order? | Geekworm

x728 software / hardware installation order?

• I purchased an x728 UPS hat several months and got it set and running with an RPi 4. It worked great for a few months until I needed to do a complete OS reinstall on the Pi. This time when I tried to add the x728... it's not working. When I apply power via the power brick, the red and green lights on the Pi flash for a second like it wants to boot up, and then it just stops. The LEDs on the x728 continue to indicate the hat is receiving power and charging the batteries.

I don't recall the order in which I installed the x728 the first time, but this time I followed the instructions for installing the software first, and then installed the hat on the Pi. Did I do that in the wrong order? Do I need to uninstall the x728 script, then reattach the x728 and then install the x728 script? Or is there something else going on?

• @Mal D 

Hi, 

'do a complete OS reinstall on the Pi.' I understand that you re-flash your TF card, or only update your raspberrypi os via 'sudo apt-get update'?

Regards,

• @Harry Huang I did a complete reflash using Debian ARM64.

• @Harry Huang I'm still looking for some help with this. I tried:

-disconnecting the x728 hat

- deleting the /etc/x728pwr.sh and /usr/local/bin/x728softsd.sh

- reconnecting the x728 hat (without batteries)

- booting up RPi and running sudo bash x728.sh

- shutting down RPi, moving power source to x728 hat, and installing batteries

- turning on power to x728

The result is always the same... I can see the red and green lights on the RPi flash for about three seconds as it usually does during start up, and then it just shuts off. If I remove the batteries from the x728, and move the power source back to the RPi (usb-c connector) and apply power, the RPi boots up just fine.

It simply won't boot up if power is coming from / or via the x728 hat. Please advise.